Orderliness....do we have to be tidy, neat, clean?!

I've been thinking a lot these days about this word....orderliness, I haven't heard it in real life but I read about it in a book (The Power for True Success) and its in the same chapter with confusion. I dont want to live my life in confusion, but I do want to live my life as an orderly person. I want to make God proud of me with my life! Anyone else wants the same things as me? Lets learn about it:

"Orderliness is having a place for everything and everything in its place, its knowing what to remove from my life and surroundings and having the courage to do it."
They say orderliness is keeping everything that is under our jurisdiction neat, clean, functional and in its proper place.
So, how can we do that? Do we inherit it? Are we taught orderliness from our parents, do we learn it while we grow up? Yes, I would say, it makes a big change if children are taught from little but also, as we grow up and get older, we can still learn it.
Let's learn from God!
1. Follow a wise schedule
God's first act in creation was a demonstration of orderliness. He created light and then separated the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:5 ~" And God called the light Day and the darkness He called Light."
God designed the day for labor and the night for rest. Jesus stated: "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day, the night cometh, when no man can work." (John 9:4). He also intended for the day to start in the evening. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:5). The hours before midnight were found to be more beneficial for sleep then the hours after midnight. This discovery affirms the time-honored proverb: "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
The truth about this saying  is guaranteed if we meditate on scripture while going to sleep ad waking up in the morning. "Blessed is the man.....[whose] delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night....whatsoever he doeth, shall prosper" (Psalm 1:1-3).
As orderly people, we should make the best use of every minute, because time is one of our most valuable, yet most limited, assets.


2. Practice orderly behavior
Orderly behavior is in harmony with the will of God and produces the fruits of the Spirit. "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law " (Galatians 5:22-23). Disorderly conduct is described in Galatians 5:19-21: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelings and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, they that which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. "


3. Maintain clean surroundings
Clutter breeds filth and confusion. The saying: " cleanliness is next to Godliness" is not quite accurate, because cleanliness is indeed part of Godliness (See Exodus 19:10; Leviticus 10:10 ans II Corinthians 6:17).
God illustrated the need for cleanliness in the world by His creation, bringing regular rains and causing dead matter to decompose and return to dust. Orderliness requires that we keep only those things that are needed, have a place for everything we keep, and keep things in good repair.



Here is a personal evaluation to see how orderly we really are:

  • - do I begin my day by wise planning and quality time with the Lord?
  • - do I go to bed early and go to sleep meditating on scripture?
  • - do I seek to discern God's will for every decision?
  • - do I maintain an orderly system   for necessary records?
  • - do I steward my house, car, yard carefully?
  • - do I have a place for everything and keep everything in its place or I own more then I can keep organized?
  • - do I keep my home ready to receive guests on short notice?


Answer honestly to these questions and start changing what needs to be changed today, God is ready to help you become an orderly person!
God bless!
Teo




Comments