Boldness



The righteous are bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1

Boldness is welcoming any suffering that comes from doing what is right, because it will produce a greater power of love. 
Boldness is the fearless and daring courage to carry out the work God calls us to do. When Joshua was commanded to "be of good courage", he was being told to have boldness - boldness to face death in battle, to speak truth to his own heart and to the nation. 

Daniel's boldness caused an empire to fear the Lord. He came to Babylon as a captive and served four kings. Before he came, he purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself or violate the Law of the Lord. He stood firm even in a den of lions, causing king Darius to decree: "That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for He is the living God" (Daniel 6:26).

We need boldness in the Face of Death, conquering this fear is actually one of the purposes for which Christ died. "That through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage" (Hebrews 2:14-15).

God promised that He will never leave us or forsake us. Therefore, "We may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:5-6).
Whereas boldness to conquer the fear of death comes through salvation, boldness to speak the truth comes through prayer of other believers. Even the apostle Paul requested prayer for such boldness: "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." (Ephesians 6:19-20).

When a believer has conquered the fear of death and has become bold in speaking the truth, he or she is equipped with boldness to accomplish great things. "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
Doing great things for God and His Kingdom is the result of knowing God and understanding something of His character and His purposes in the world. 

Let's have a personal evaluation:

  • Have I purposed to die to self and follow Christ?
  • Have I conquered the fear of men by exchanging my reputation for Christ's and choose to be concerned only that people see Christ in me?
  • Have I asked other to pray that I will have boldness to witness?
  • Do I wait for opportunities to witness, or do I make them?
  • When people ridicule the Lord, do I defend the truth?
  • Is my heart right before the Lord so He can work mightily through me?
  • What special passages of Scripture has God given me and do I regularly meditate on them?
  • When I get to the end of my life, what do I want to look back on?
Try to find the answers to these question and evaluate your life, write down what you need to do and the changes that you want God to make in your life. 
Ask for His help, God is only a prayer away.

"Dare to be a Daniel,
Dare to stand alone!
Dare to have a purpose firm!
Dare to make it known!"
 - Philip P. Bliss

Be blessed and bold!
Love, 
Teo







Comments