Who should we please?

The most common struggles that people go through these days is how can we or what can we do to please others?! And we might ask ourselves, is that wrong? The Bible teaches us we should put other before us. 
What happens when we make others our first priority? 
If others become bigger, we will compromise somewhere. Some of us forget that Christ is our refuge, others forget that God sees everything and some forget that they belong to Jesus. 




Proverbs 29:25 says:
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
    but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe."

Here we are given a warning (the snare), but also a way out (trust God). 
When I care more about what people think then what God thinks of me, then I have fear of men, fear of rejection, looking for people's approval and not God's approval.

In Galatians 1:10  Paul says : 
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Did we start thinking: Jesus + something will make me happy?!

Let's remember that God should be our focus, our priority, His will, His plan ~ "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).

Have a blessed Sunday!
Love, Teo

Comments