Creativity



Let's have a look in the dictionary for a definition!
Oxford dictionary says: creativity is the use of imagination or original ideas to create something. Now, the definition given in my favorite book, How to Build Character in your Life, I like better; creativity is cultivating wise thoughts, prudent words and skillful actions to carry out God's will. 


The author goes on and talks about the Hebrew word for create, which is bara and it means to shape, to form, to fashion. The word it was used in Genesis 1:27 to define God's creation of man. 
But creativity is not only used for things, it's also used for plans and that is why it's important. 
If we read Ephesians 3:10, God, the Creator made us in his own image and gave us the capacity to creatively carry out the good works He purposes to do though us. 
The foundation of every character quality is genuine love, and one of the best ways to express love is though good works, the Bible has many verses that talk about good works, and helps us to find creative ways to do that. ( Romans 12:21; 2 Corinthians 9:8; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 1:10; 1 Timothy  5:10, 6:18; 2 Timothy 2:21; Titus 2:7, 2:14, 3:1, 3:8, 3:14; Hebrews 10:24, 13:21, 1 Peter 2:12 and others).


Let's look into our lives and check how creative we are!

  • Do I cultivate wise thoughts by meditating on scripture?
  • Do I find creative ways to encourage members of my family and my friends?
  • Do I spend time in planning strategies to effectively present the Gospel?
  • Do I seek to motivate others to carry out good works?
  • Do I look at obstacles as hindrances or opportunities for creative solutions?
  • Do I conquer boredom by finding new ways to do things?
  • Does a lack of result motivate me to try a new and better way?


Be sincere with your answers, I have and I confess I've got a lot of work to do, but I press on and day by day I try to get better. 
There's no better day to start then today!
Be blessed, 
Teo 



Comments