Security

  

Security is knowing that God will never leave us nor forsake us and that whatever we give to Him will become an eternal treasure.
   Paul's prayer for the church in Corinth was:  "I want you to be free from anxieties." (I Corinthians 7:32). A different word for security is confidence  and we find it in Isaiah 30:15: "in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength."
   All of us long for security in our hearts, unfortunately we tend to look for it in  temporal things, things that perish, such as money, possessions, people. Ironically, the very things we depend on for security, produce insecurity and anxiety.  "Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep." Ecclesiastes 5:12
   All these things create false security, which is not usually discovered until a trial comes and our sense of security collapses. "Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf. Proverbs 11:28
   Security is building our life around that which can never be destroyed or taken away. On this basis, only God, His Word and eternal things qualify!

Let's look at the foundations of security!

1. Secure in His love 
Romans 8:38-39
"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

2. Secure in His fellowship
 Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 
Hebrews 13:15
"Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name." 
1 Corinthians 1:9
 "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 
1 John 1:3
  "...indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

3. Secure in His Spirit 
2 Corinthians 1:22
"and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee". 
Romans 8:15
" For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

4. Secure in His hand 
John 10:29
"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." 
Isaiah 41:10
"fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 
Isaiah 42:6

“I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness;
    I will take you by the hand and keep you;
I will give you as a covenant for the people,
    a light for the nations,"

5. Secure in His protection 
2 Timothy 1:12
"which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me." 

Psalm 91:1-6
 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    and from the deadly pestilence.
 He will cover you with his pinions,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
 You will not fear the terror of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
    nor the destruction that wastes at noonday."

6. Secure in His body 
Romans 12:5
" so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another." 
Ephesians 4:4-7
"There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—  one Lord, one faith, one baptism,  one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift."

7. Secure in His family 
Psalm 103:13

"As a father shows compassion to his children,
    so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him." 
Romans 8:16-17
"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him."

The test of security is how peaceful we are when our possessions are destroyed or taken away.

Be blessed and trust God! 


Comments